Financial Services Fellow
THE CLIMB HIRE STORY
Three years ago, we had a hypothesis. Everywhere we looked, companies complained about the “war for talent,” and the impossible task of finding gritty, entry-level candidates for their open roles. At the same time, we noticed that there was a dearth of hungry, fresh talent out there with tons of aptitude and drive, largely stuck in a cycle of under and unemployment whilst flying under the radar screen of tech and corporate America. They lacked robust professional networks and the skills to “break in.” Thus, Climb Hire was born – grounded in the idea that by blending social capital-building, skills-based training, and community, we could close the experience chasm and get companies the diverse and determined talent they want and need.
We launched in 2019 with seed funding from Schmidt Futures, the Gates Foundation, Google, and others and have more than 5 x’ed our impact and budget in under three years. Since then, hundreds of people have gone through our unique training and have landed incredible jobs with companies like Google, Salesforce, Discord, IBM, BetterUp, Galileo, and more. Average wage gains are $20-30k, ~60% above the industry standard. We’ve also been riding the growth rocketship, expanding to over 20 cities nationwide and growing our internal team over 3x in just one year. We plan to serve over 1,000 Climbers in 2023 and beyond. On the program side, we’ve grown from one to four training tracks including: Salesforce Admin, Google Project Management, SDR/BDR, and Financial Services with Fidelity Investments.
ABOUT THE POSITION: FINANCIAL SERVICES FELLOW
Climb Hire seeks a dynamic, outgoing, and rigorously accountable Fellow for the Financial Services Learning Track. The Financial Services Fellow will support the Program Manager to execute technical and soft-skills curriculum focused on the Securities Industry Essentials exam, job search and job readiness skills. The current curriculum consists of 160 hours of synchronous online training over a 21 week period. We have served hundreds of Climbers in the last three years. In 2023, we will launch a Financial Services cohort and we plan on serving 200 learners as we prepare to scale and continue to dramatically increase our impact.
The ideal candidate is committed to giving back to young adults who are striving to overcome various adversities; has a desire to grow in facilitation and professional skills; and collaborates well as a team player.
- Attend 3-6 hours of direct, in-class instruction a week at night (depend on cohort size and Fellows)
- Host at least two hours of study sessions with Climbers on soft and technical skills.
- Provide coaching, training, mentoring, and support for Climbers to ensure program outcomes.
- Provide and maintain regular individualized feedback regarding technical and soft skills content as well as mentoring around professionalism for Climbers via 1:1 weekly check-ins.
- Securities Essentials proficiency is a must;
- 2-3 years experience working in the Financial Services ecosystem
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with shifting priorities.
- Highly-motivated professional committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workforce and education;
- Experience in working with diverse populations from historically disenfranchised communities
- Enjoys working at fast-paced startups with outsized goals and results.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Paid training dates: 2/13-2/17 @ 6PM-8PM Eastern Time Zone
- Must attend at least two (2) days of Open House and Orientation:
- Open House: 2/8, 3/1, 3/2 @ 6PM-7:30 PM Eastern Time Zone
- Orientation: 3/7, 3/8, 3/9 @ 6PM-7:30PM Eastern Time Zone
- Monday & Wednesday in-cohort sessions from 6PM-9PM Eastern Time Zone
- Support cohort pods during sessions and outside of sessions
- Grade and provide feedback on assignments
- Communicate with pods via slack and email
- Ensure your pod all reaches an 8/10 resume and Linkedin
- Ensure your pod completes weekly securities material
- Foster an engaging sense of community in person and virtually
- Attend all Fellows meetings
- Being active on Slack
WHO YOU ARE
- Desire to support and develop the next generation of Financial Security Leaders
- Exhibits desire to grow in facilitation skills
- Collaborates well with others and is a good team player
- Commitment to facilitation of program at least 2 nights per week
- Shows strong emotional intelligence
- Attends and actively participates in training sessions, feedback meetings and check-ins with Program Manager
- Does not have to live in Eastern Time Zone
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Climb Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.